Welcome to the inaugural MEC North Vancouver Century Ride! Experience the Spirit of the North Shore as you ride from forested mountain to sparkling ocean! Now that's exciting!
For only $50 you can choose between a 50km or 100km ride that will take you from mountain to ocean through the heart of our North Shore cities. Each course will start and finish at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve and feature the beautiful new North Shore Spirit Trail. This ride will be on open roads so obeying the rules of the road is required. Complimentary drinks and snacks will be provided during and after the ride.
Register online for only $50 before July 8, 2016 - see the event web site here: http://events.mec.ca/node/113201/
Register in store (at MEC North Vancouver only) for $50 up to July 9, 2016 at 4pm SHARP.
Event Day; if applicable (depending on the remaining spots)
Register on event day from 7am to 7:45am at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve for $70 (CASH ONLY) on July 10, 2016 .
Your $50 Century Ride Entry Fee will include:
- Bike Racks for your bikes to rest their wheel at the start and finish of the ride. (about 100 spots available)
- Aid stations along the course with water, electrolyte, bananas and basic mechanical assistance from MEC bike mechanics
- Mobile first-aid attendants available along the route
- Food and beverage at the end of the ride
- MEC bike mechanics will be available prior to the start of each ride for any last minute tweaking
- Great signage on the course
PACKAGE PICK UP
Saturday, July 9th, 2016 from 10:00am - 4:00pm SHARP at MEC North Vancouver.
Sunday, July 10th, 2016 at event site form 7am to 7:45am.
The day you pick up your race package, you will receive an exclusive discountcard that entitles you to a 10% discount as per the following exceptions:
- Only valid on day of package pick up.
- Only on regular priced items, does not apply to clearance items (available in stock at the Vancouver store).
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts or on any previous purchases.
- Not applicable on Blundstone items.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Race Start Times
Open Start concept
between 8am and 9am (at your convenience)
Start / Finish Location
The start / finish area is near the gazebo (Rice Lake Gate) at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve
(4900 Lillooet Road, North Vancouver, BC)
The following parking options exist:
- Parking available in park
- On street by End of the Line cafe in Lynn Valley
- Why not go green and carpool? :)
We do NOT have a secure bag storage process, however a tent will be available in which you are welcome to store your belongings.
- MEC North Vancouver staff members and volunteers are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
- MEC North Vancouver staff members and volunteers will not be available to hold any of your personal items.
- Advised for beginner/intermediate riders. This includes the use of mostly hybrid or road bike.
- The 50km route will include aid stations at approximately the 21km, 36km and 44km.
- Elevation gain will be around 663m.
The 50km ride features a more accessible route with a great start through the demonstration forest, followed by a nice downhill ride to Mt. Seymour Parkway, then we head down to Riverside Drive to connect to Old Dollarton Hwy. We will take this to continue onto Main Street and the Spirit Trail. We will follow the Spirit Trail all the way to Capilano Road where we start our climb. Up we go to Riverwood to Highland and up to Montroyal. Here we continue along the mountain to Dempsey and finally back to the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve via Marion Road, a small cement bridge and a short gravel road up to the finish line. There will be mechanical, nutrition, hydration and medical assistance available throughout the ride.
- Strongly advised for intermediate/advanced riders. The use of a performance road bicycle is higly suggested.
- The 100km route will include aid stations at approximately the 23km, 43km, 54km, 65km, 83km, and 92km
- Elevation gain will be around 1956m.
The 100km ride features a challenging route perfect for those looking to train for events such as the Grand Fondo. This course will start at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve and head down Lillooet Road to connect with Mt. Seymour Parkway. We will then head over to Mount Seymour Road where you get your chance to switch gears and hit climbing mode! We will ride up Mt. Seymour and cruise back down back to Mt. Seymour Parkway. Now you can relax as we coast along Old Dollarton Hwy and enjoy ocean views as we continue straight to the Spirit Trail. We will ride the Spirit Trail all the way out to West Vancouver and continue up Mathers to climb again up above the highway near Horseshoe Bay before we get to head back to the water and take Marine Drive back to the Ambleside area. After a short sweep uphill again we will come down Keith Road to reconnect back to Ambleside and then head up Capilano Road on our homestretch of climbs. From here we will take Riverwood and up to Montroyal before we come back down to Queens Road and the final kick to along Lynn Valley Road. Finally back just past End of the Line Cafe we will make it back to the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve via Marion Road, a small cement bridge and a short gravel road up to the finish line. There will be mechanical, nutrition, hydration and medical assistance available throughout the ride.